Yeap, you guessed it! Right now I'm on vacation! A marvelous break from school, and some time to catch my breath, do a bit of sight-seeing, and possibly relax, lol. So I'll give you a bit of a run-down of some recent events.
Thursday: After school, I took a little whirlwind trip to Sanssouci with a friend I made at school.
Friday: I took a test in Biology. Did my best, writing stuff in English and German. I think I may have passed, too. The test was about parts of a cell, my darkest hour of Middle and Elementary school revisited, dun, dun, dun... (just kidding) ;)
Saturday: Got skype to work with my family! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday: Host family took me into Berlin to see a few things there. Went by the Bundestag and the Brandenberg Tur (spelling?). Later that evening, I went to a friend's birthday party. For probably the 1st time in my life, I was one of the best at karaoke. Then again, the songs were in English...
Today: My host sister had a dental operation today (poor thing!), so my host mom dropped me off in Potsdam and then I had to decide what to do. I resolved to tackle my fear of using the German bus system in order to get to Brandenberg Film Park. It was fun, but I wish I would have gone in summer. (Brrrr, it's getting cold here!) The park was sort of like a miniature Knott's Berry Farm, only without roller coasters. Not half of what Disneyland is, but still fun! And to be honest, I didn't really want to look at yet another ancient and historic piece of architecture today, lol. (Tomorrow, maybe. I've still got eight months, after all.)
Well, that pretty much sums up what I've been up to lately. Thanks to everyone who's keeping in touch with me! (I know it's difficult, and I really appreciate it!) Thanks for tuning in! TGWTC, signing off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun!--glad you're taking on the public transit system!
ReplyDelete