30.10.10

Two Days in a Row!!

Yes, that's right, folks! For two days in a row now, I've had internet access via my laptop and internet stick in my room in Saarmund!! It's amazing! It's unbelievable! (I'm glad I don't drink, or else I'd be a little bit worried, lol.)

Well, now, on to business... Today I went with a friend of my biological family's (hmmm, sounds like I'm adopted, lol!) to Schloss Sanssouci! It was soo much fun! We took an audio tour, which was really great, and now I'm having difficulty choosing between the 1600s and the 1800s as my favorite time period, hahaha!

I'm going to check out a youth orchestra in Potsdam on Monday. I hope all goes well! My PI Rep said that the director speaks less English than I do Deutsch. My response: "Uh-oh..." lolz.

On Tuesday I will help out in an English class for younger kids (I think they're about 5th graders?). Anyway, I think that will be really fun getting to be a teacher's aide. I like kids; they're less complicated to understand, lol.

Tomorrow (Sunday) is Halloween! I'm going to do my best to show my host family how much we enjoy Halloween in America. I hope it will be a fun day for all! Monday is also my Dad's birthday (which falls on El Dia de Los Muertos). Here's a shout-out to ya, and have a happy Day of the Dead on your birthday!! (Okay, that sounds just a TAD bit macabre..)

Now, for the continuation of my random observations of Germany and Germans: (I think we're on fifteen, yeah??)
15. At the school, instead of having handball courts, they have cement ping-pong tables. Weird... (I'm tolerant, but I just find it unusual, that's all, lol.)
16. Tons of people smoke, especially young people. I'm surprised by how many kids who go to my school smoke. I feel sorry for them, and I hope they find the strength to quit.
17. There are NO GREEN APPLES in Germany, whatsoever. I miss you, Granny Smith!
18. The teachers' writing in school is illegible. PERIOD.
19. Sales tax is included in the price. :)
20. The people who work in the Eis shops in the mall are really nice. They help you decide what you want, even when you stand there gawking at the ice cream. And they don't judge you just because your Deutsch isn't so gut. They are now some of my new heroes!

I watched The Devil Wears Prada with my host family. (In Deutsch, naturlich.) It was so funny to hear the voice-over for Meryl Streep saying, "Das ist alles." I also bought Over the Hedge and Hercules in Deutsch. I've already watched Over the Hedge, and I think maybe I'll get to watch Hercules tomorrow. Better to start with simple films I've already seen, lol.

Well, I think that wraps this up, for now! Oh, and thank you to my friends who have sent me letters and are staying in contact! Ich liebe u guys!!

TGWTC, running around loose in Potsdam (hehehe, be afraid, be very afraid). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment