I wish I had my bow and arrows right now, because sometimes a girl just needs to go and shoot at a bale of hay, or a wall, or German grammar, lol. Archers will know that when you get that tense feeling in your shoulders and back, there's nothing to be done but go out on the range by yourself, calm down, and focus. It's really quite meditative and relaxing.
Well, enough about that, onto the next topic. I went to a youth orchestra in Potsdam on Monday. It felt very nice to play with a group again, even if they are a bit younger than me and still starting to master the basics. There really is nothing like the comraderie you find with a group of musicians.
On Tuesday and Wednesday I helped out with an English class for kids in maybe the fifth or sixth grade. I walked in before the teacher had gotten there, and subsequently got some rude remarks from the kids. I find a lot of them to be quite loud and without restraint. I predict that had I been born in an earlier century, I would have become a governess, lol.
Yesterday (Thursday) I went to an English debate club after school. There are about five or so other girls in the club, and they're all seventeen or eighteen. Hmmm, I wonder what happened to all the sixteen-year-olds in Germany... The club was very welcoming: they had tea and some cookies ready when I got there. (I checked the ingredients list on the cookies before I took one. It definitely helps to know the word Nuss!)
Today I took a test in Chemistry. (Dun, dun, dunnnn...) I did my best, translated the questions into English, and wrote my answers in error-ridden Deutsch. I think my teacher knows that I'm doing my best, so hopefully that's a pass for that class at least!!! (Quarter grades come out next week, to my understanding.)
And here's the continuation of The List:
26. We're all human beings, no matter how, when, or where we live. We all shed tears, and there are some things we all understand.
27. Unfortunately, since we're all human, we can all get sick, too. I sense something spreading in my school, aaahhhhhh!!! (Well, I got all the inocculations under the sun before I left, so I should be okay, lolz.)
28. For the school lunch, they get real plates and silverware. Made out of ceramic and metal. I know, I was shocked, too. O.O
29. Potsdam is located farther north of the Equator than Los Angeles. Which means that it is now dark when I am starting the day, and when I'm walking back home. (And it will only get worse, hahaha.)
30. Some German teachers are nice. Others are NOT. Just like in America, folks!
So there you have it, everything that's been going through my head and all the random things I feel like blogging about. Thanks for reading, tune in next week to see what crazy stuff happens next!! -TGWTC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment