How bout we start this one by telling you all what I'm doing right now. Well, I'm sitting in my room, cutting out turkey templates for a Thanksgiving Day craft for my host family, listening to Taylor Swift's new album, chewing Trident bubble gum: original flavor, and hoping I don't get sick because I feel something coming on. But at least it's the weekend now!! :)
I really like this new album "Speak Now." I've started assigning songs to people in my life right now, lol. "Someday, I'll be living in a big ol' city.." I recommend getting the songs, and legally, because Taylor Swift doesn't deserve to be swindled, so don't pirate it please!!
I looked up my past blog posts so that I could give you the right numbers on my list, lol. We're already up to 35! Whew, lol!
36. It really sucks when u get a bus or tram driver who likes to experiment with inertia... Yeap, flowers, scarves, and that little dog that looks like Toto all go flying! hahaha
37. Speaking of dogs, Germans take their dogs inside malls, on the bus, and on the tram. It surprised me the first time I saw a dog in the mall.
38. The paper here is more expensive than in the U.S. I don't really see why, since they have plenty of trees. But then again, plenty of trees doesn't exactly signal a flourishing logging industry, now does it? lol. And the paper has four holes in it, except when the teachers only punch two holes in worksheets, which I then need to impale upon the claws of my four ring binder, hahaha.
39. My school has an attic, which is pretty creepy. It's roped off, and I've only been there once. (Don't worry, I was allowed to be there, sheesh!) And there's also this bathroom in the smaller building which is HAUNTED!!!!
40. Germans celebrate Xmas on the 24th of December instead of the 25th. Makes sense since they call it "Weihnachten."
A cold fog has descended upon this region of Germany as of late. It's like walking through one of those freezers in the supermarket, lol. It leaves you feeling chilled and greatly in need of a cup of hot tea, a good book, and a warm bed. The leaves are almost all gone now; the ones that are left are slowly disintegrating into mush on the pavement and in between cobblestones.
The windows at my school are now constantly fogged up around the rims, just like in the opening scene in Frosty the Snowman. Maybe this is what precedes snow? I have no idea about these weather patterns, lol. How bout a heat wave? I could handle that, hahaha! Oh, and the German kids like to open and close the windows about a million times during class. How about we not heat the rooms so much, so the foreign exchange student by the window wouldn't have to be traumatized by cold fronts?! Please...
(Sorry, folks, the above text is from yesterday. I had to leave the computer unexpectedly.)
In biology we were going over red blood cells as an example of some sort of structure, and the teacher compared one part of the cell to a Catholic priest's hat. A student said it looked like a Mexican hat (of course they wouldn't know that it's called a sombrero, lol). And the teacher said, okay, eine Katolischen Priest in Mexico, hahaha! Made my day ;)
So basically I'm just wading through the swamp that is my German life right now, occasionally finding a Spanish doubloon in all the mud (remember the Pirates computer game, lil' bro?). But I think the magic that makes us who we are is being able to make our own treasure; a random trinket at a swapmeet, seeing the laughter in someone's eyes that bypasses all language barriers, moments that will make us smile for years to come.
So whenever you feel like you can't get through the day, just think about how every minute of every day brings new opportunities, and that the sun always sets in the West. (Oh, and don't buy any clothes that have too literal an interpretation of something. i.e. Spartan wear, animal print, lingerie, etc. lol) Carry on, TGWTC, over and out. (and yes, that was a Tim Gun reference.) ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment