9.11.10

Girl with a Geige, Coming Through!!

This was pretty much what I wanted to say to everyone on the tram as I hauled my violin with me from Saarmund to Potsdam and back. Really, people, do not mess with a musician carrying their instrument. You will get run over, lol.

For those of you who know me, remember when I used to be on a robotics team with FTC? Well, on one of the computers at school, I happened to see the software for LEGO Mindstorm while looking under the programs. Yeap, apparently it really is an international competition. :)

There's not anything that can quite compare to the workout of running for a bus. Especially when are have a heavy school backpack and November Germany clothing, lol. But the upside is that you don't miss the bus, hahaha. And trust me, here in Saarmund, if you miss one bus, the next one will take it's darned good time getting there. I often find myself wishing for a Totoro bus, that can take me right to where I need to go, exactly when I need to go there, lol. *sigh* If only... ;)

On Sunday, I went to an antik markt that was in Potsdam for the weekend. It was in a building right next to my school, so that was convenient. I choked up a little when I went inside because I have such fond memories of going to a fair or garage sale with my mom or dad. But then I just imagined what they would say if they were there with me, and it helped me a lot. I can't not think about my family and home in CA, but I can do my best to think about positive things. I ended up getting a little figurine with a boy and a girl about to kiss. I decided to buy that one because the boy is holding flowers for the girl. And I find the idea of a guy giving a girl flowers to be very romantical <3

So I was walking back to the house from the bus stop a few nights ago, and I stopped to look at my shadow from the light of the street lamps. It was sort of nice to see a cute, curvy figure there. Sometimes I feel like an old lady, going to the grocery store with my plastic bag, lolz. So thanks to the street lamps that line the street I walk every evening :)

I like being outside when it's morning and afternoon because I can see the smoke rising from the chimneys, and I sometimes sing Chim-Chimminee. I can smell the smoke wafting up from fire-places and it reminds me of Christmas Eve at my Nana and Grandpa's house. I remember when we had these scented pine-cones for a few years. They made the house smell like all sorts of good things. So that's why I like chimney smoke, lol.

List of Random-ness (continued):
25. Germans do not refridgerate their beverages while they are being stored. I find it extremely odd not to refridgerate milk.
26. They always sit down to eat their meals. It doesn't matter if it's breakfast or dinner, they like to sit down.
27. German seagulls are annoying and a disgrace to the race of seagull. They sound so silly, and it's just, no, just, no...
28. Ticket checking people tend to ride the trams at night. I have had my ticket checked about three times, and I always show it when I get on the bus.
29. They have the coolest calendars ever. EV-ER. ;)
30. All the bakeries, or Backerei, give off mouth-watering smells of fresh bread and pastries. I turn my head involuntary every time I walk by one.
31. The best pretzel in the world is a German one.

Well, that's all for now. I'm finding that I'm quite busy now, so I'm not sure when I'll have the chance to blog next. I hope this will suffice, at least for a while!! TGWTC, rockin' the haus!!

1 comment:

  1. If only it were cold enough to start a fire here!--One of the many advantages to being in Germany!--xoxo

    ReplyDelete