4.4.11

Blumen! Sonne!! Bauschmerzen...

Scene: Lovely day outside, birds singing, flowers blooming, pretty pretty yada yada. Girl sitting inside at her computer with a stomach ache...

Yes, this is me at the moment, unfortunately. But on the upside, I decided that I should probably write another blog post. So here you go, it may not be very long, though. It all depends on if I end up getting too drowsy to write, lol.

For starters, has everyone heard?! It's spring!! Flowers are popping out of the ground, well, like daisies, lol. I finally understand where that phrase comes from.. The weather's been fluctuating a bit, but when the sun's out, it's out!! It was so warm yesterday that I had to take my jacket off (which, in case you didn't know, is warm for Deutschland).

I went on a weekend trip to Bonn/Koeln (Cologne) a little while ago. It was so much fun, and I got to see everything while enjoying the nice spring weather! One of the highlights was the Schokolade Museum. Yes, you guessed it. That translates to (trumpets) the Chocolate Museum!!! (And before you ask, no, it is not made of chocolate. It is your fault if you go and get kicked out for chomping on the cornerstone. And no, I will not know you and help you out of the situation with my basic german skills, lol.)

This place was like Willy Wonka's factory. My favorite room in the museum has to be (the giftshop doesn't count; I would say the giftshop, but then the people who know me know that I usually like giftshops, hahaha) the room where people were decorating all the chocolate figurines. This one woman was painting the inside of a mold with white chocolate so as to achieve the different colored hexagons on a soccer ball. (They are hexagons, right?) And there was also a workshop where people were learning to make truffles! They even had a truffle machine!!! Hey, Santa? Uh.. I sorta kinda would like one of those if you can fit it on the sleigh this year. ;)

A brief note to my brother back in LA. Dude, I would have totally gotten you one of those chocolate soccer balls if there would have been any chance that it would have come through the mail un-destroyed. But alas, we have yet to invent an international system which is reliable and delicate, lol.

Oh, so I went to what was like a swap meet yesterday. (It was one of the only things open, besides restaurants. Sundays can be really annoying if you don't have a list of things to do!) It was lovely weather (Did I already talk about the weather? Oh, well, I think I can go a little crazy about it after the cold icy snowy cold rainy icy MONTHS that we had.)

It was actually a rather large market, much like the ones I'm used to in LA. It was so much fun to just go around with friends for a while and look at all the crazy stuff! One guy had a pair of helmets from WWII and let me just say that if you want to find something with communist symbols on it, look in a German swap meet, hahaha.

Well, I suppose that that's all I'm going to write for the present. I hope that wasn't too bad! Until next time, TGWATA (That Girl With A Tummy Ache)!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the tummy ache--ooooh but sunshine sounds wonderful--as usual, love your blog....hoping you feel better soon xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Emma, Anne from Ayusa sent me the link to your blog. I'm a finalist for CBYX from the southwestern region, and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. My email is emma_mcmahon@rocketmail.com.
    P.S. You're super funny.

    ReplyDelete