Hello Everybody! I hope that you are all having a good day, and if not, then I hope it gets better. :) Sometimes life throws you curveballs: for example, an odd bugbite that hurts when you touch it, a German telling you how to play basketball, coming to the realization that you will NEVER be a composer, walking the beagle in 10 degree celcius weather. But after all of that, tomarrow is going to be another day.
Time just keeps coming at you, not stopping, not even slowing. Someone once said, "Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." (For you other Trekkies out there, yes, that was a Picard quote from the movie Star Trek: Generations.) No matter your opinion of Star Trek (*cough* IT RULES! *cough*), the idea of time being a friend is a pretty insightful one. So whatever life threw at you today, take a breather and remember to "Just keep swimming!"
So, down to business. The last two weeks were my Easter break, which is now over. Today, being the first day back after a very relaxing and independent break, was probably the worst. In Fitness, I discovered that I do not, in fact, possess frog DNA. And there was a very interesting slide show about the Holocaust in my history class. The presentation was accurate, but what really interested me were my German classmates' reactions. Like most non-psychotic human beings, they sobered up pretty quickly. And that was about it. The solemnity weighed down the room like a canvas tent that had suddenly deflated, but other than that, just human beings learning about a darker point in human history.
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the LA Times Festival of Books this year. (If you haven't guessed by now, I'm in a country whose name begins with "Germ-" and ends with "-many.") Some of the things I missed this year: author panels, lemon shaved ice, the cute little Japanese erasers and pens, and BOOKS. I am a book fanatic. Anyone who has seen my overflowing book cases will know that.
Well, I think this may be a bit of a shorter, not-so-hilarious blog post. I'm plum tuckered out from Fitness today (and yes, a German told the American she was playing basketball wrong..), so not to be narcissistic, but I think I have earned a little me time today. :) Take care! TGWTC, aka temporary zombie due to too much exercise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment